ICS Medical Devices, Ballybrit, Galway, Ireland
ICS Medical Devices we are seeking candidates for a Process Development Engineer.
ICS is a leading contract design development, prototyping and manufacturing partner serving medical device OEMs in the catheter technology field throughout the world.
The ICS design and manufacturing business has scaled significantly over the last two years with the addition and scaling of our development projects – ICS is now seeking an excellent candidate to support our New Product Introduction (NPI) specifically driving our process development in our NPI’s.
The candidate will be a strong performer reporting to the senior engineer, with responsibility for:
- Supporting our development projects through their life cycle from design to commercialisation.
- Provide process development expertise and leadership and output for our products in NPI.
- Supporting NPI and processes into validation and transfer to production at ICS.
As ICS Medical Devices performs to its potential, we rely on our people to meet theirs. If you are the person who wants to learn more and do more, then we encourage you to consider us here in Ballybrit Galway.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technically engage with our customer projects where process development and NPI is involved. Deliver excelled process development engineering in parallel with our design engineering and manufacturing outputs on each project.
- Work closely with assigned project manager to deliver projects successfully. Manage own elements (process development, NPI etc) of projects.
- Customer communication be the technical and day to day point of contact with the customer where required.
- Deliver customer expectations, customer is our priority. Work with the ICS Medical Devices team to deliver for our customers.
- Process Development – drive process development activities for selected projects leveraging ICS Medical Devices capabilities and expertise to ensure optimal design and process solutions for our customers.
- Process – develop and install process capable of meeting design specification and process that are capable of manufacturing customer product efficiently
- Technically – develop technical solutions for the customer including ensuring solicitation of the appropriate ICS Medical Devices technical inputs (use best available experiences and knowledge available to us).
- Systems – implement procedures, training and workflows per our quality systems.
- Testing – develop test strategies, and methods, complete protocols, testing and reports supporting design, V&V and validation testing
- Operate in a team environment, operate well with all members of our team, contribute positively to our team dynamic and business goals.
- Be flexible in support of projects and business goals and priorities.
- Operate in safe, efficient and clean manner. Always be considerate of follow team members and our customers.
- Seek opportunities for improvement for self and for the team and for the business.
- Customer expectations are our focus, always consider quality of product, work, output and communication.
- Operated within the ICS Medical Devices quality system.
- Become proficient in our technologies including Catheter Braiding, Coiling and Reflow technologies, laser welding, catheter assembly including thermal bonding, adhesive bond, pad printing, annealing and many more.
- Know our business systems and processes, know our quality and design control systems.
- Learn about product development, project management and the business of medical devices. Develop your communication and customer skills.
- Learn about our business and develop your experience and knowledge as you look to drive our business and your career forward.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering or equivalent an advantage but not essential.
- Experiences in catheter assembly technologies a significant advantage.
- Efficiency in SolidWorks is useful.
- Proven technical capability, the candidate must communicate their ability to understand catheter technology, with our team and with our customers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Must show an ability to engage with team and customers.
- Team player. Flexible, Responsive, an ability to get it done, go the extra mile.