The primary focus of this role is to provide immediate support to Product Builders on the line ensuring that product is built as per spec and per production plans, in line with our Quality Policy. The ability to demonstrate key leadership skills , manage multiple groups , a willingness to take responsibility, ensuring KPI’s and targets are achieved, are key aspects of this position.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive focus on compliance in H&S, GDP & GMP, within manufacturing lines, and with teams at all times. Support business initiatives for continuous improvement in these areas.
- Ability to work with support groups and project groups to deliver new projects , implement improved work practices, cost reduction and improve production performance.
- Support production related performance management and employee reviews, to ensure that a level of consistency is achieved and maintained in these areas.
- Drive EH&S initiatives as required, and on a continuous basis, and ensure housekeeping meets requirements in line with 5S principles.
- Fully utilise the performance of the work area, through a clear understanding of all the process steps and harnessing of the product builder inputs.
- Coach and support the team members to ensure that they are capable of achieving targets both in terms of quality and output. That there is a clear understanding of expectation and that any issues they may have are dealt with proactively.
- Support / drive continuous improvements in the work area, through problem solving, daily team meetings, focusing on issues and problems that impact production.
- Seeking help for the team from support staff when problems cannot be solved within the team e.g. Production Manager, Quality, Engineering, and Supply Chain etc.
- Support & identify any updates to work standards as necessary for changes or improvements that take place.
- Address disciplinary matters within area of responsibility with the support of HR / Production Manager.
- Ensure that resources are available for the team to produce on-time quality product.
- Ensure that a training / cross training plan is developed and maintained to ensure flexibility and full process cover.
- Make certain that Product Builders carry out their role according to standard work, and ensure that the lines are balanced to attain required levels of performance.
- Perform/ Manage cycle counting of relevant WIP/materials within the area
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a busy and challenging Medical Device manufacturing environment.
- Diploma level qualification or equivalent.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering / technical concepts, and good understanding of quality system requirements within manufacturing.
- A demonstrated ability of continuous improvement and problem solving.
- A full understanding of GDP, GMP and compliance requirements within manufacturing for the medical industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials systems, and appreciation for supply chain functions.
- Ability to train others
- Well organized with the ability to multitask is essential
- Must be proficient in word, excel and outlook.