ICS Medical Devices are seeking candidates for our Senior Operations Manager role.
ICS is a leading contract design development, prototyping and contract manufacturing partner serving medical device OEMs in the catheter technology field.
The ICS design, development and prototyping business has scaled significantly over the last three years as ICS Medical Devices has grown – ICS seek an excellent candidate to lead this business internally and to complement our technical and quality leadership in the everyday running off the business and serving our customers.
The candidate will be a senior level performer reporting to the CEO with responsibility for the development, delivery and growth of our production business unit and be a key contributor to the overall business growth plans for ICS Medical Devices.
She/he will be involved in strategy development, and with the ICS leadership team will develop and execute strategies for the purpose of growing, evolving, and developing the ICS business.
As ICS Medical Devices performs to its potential, we rely on our people to meet theirs. If you are the candidate who wants to learn more and do more, then we encourage you to consider us here in Ballybrit Galway.
Responsibilities of Senior Operations Manager.
- Own customer service delivery for all production programs at ICS Medical Devices. Be a primary point of contact for our customers. Ensure our operational service delivery to our customer is best-in-class, work with our technical, project and quality teams to support this service delivery.
- Own continuous improvement for the operations unit with a key focus on improving customer service delivery from ICS Medical Devices.
- Own on time delivery and yield for our production business and implement leading metrics and tools to manage and improve our service delivery.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, develop, and enhance lean fundamentals and tools at ICS Medical Devices, implement these improvements to delivery efficiency for ICS Medical Devices and our customers.
- Manage revenue, profitability and manage costs per established business plan.
- Drive business growth supporting the overall business growth plans of ICS Medical Devices including ownership of new sales, quoting, negotiations and business development for our production programs.
- Deliver strategic objectives for operations that aligned with the business strategy.
- Focus on operation excellence and lean initiatives at ICS Medical Devices, develop programs driving internal improvements, collaborate with external supports to improve processes and methods and overall excellence at ICS Medical Devices.
- Drive the transitions of new production from development to production including supporting the Design, Prototype functions and the NPI process in bringing new programs under the production service delivery.
- Operate cross functionally supporting, collaborating, and enlisting support from the other functions at ICS Medical Devices including Design/Engineering, Prototyping/NPI, Quality, Project Management and HR/Admin.
- Operate in a team environment, operate well with all members of our team, contribute positively to our team dynamic and business goals.
- Be flexible in support of projects and business goals and priorities. Have an ability to operate in our start-up environment.
- Management off the operations team ensuring operational team has assigned goals, targets and objective supporting business targets and these goals are maintained and met by the team. Ensure smooth operations for the supply chain, manufacturing engineering, production, and facilities functions.
- Development of team ensuring team best in class as ICS Medical Devices scales.
- Management of operations team ensuring team is appropriate and capable to meet the business commitments to highest off standards supporting the operations and collaborating with the design and prototyping business functions.
- Establish clear organizational structures for the Operations Team, including responsibilities and accountabilities of individuals.
- Ensure high quality of products and processes, and compliance with applicable procedures and regulations.
Support quality function in delivery of ICS Medical Devices quality requirements and drive opportunities for improvement.
Experience and Qualifications for the role.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, or equivalent is essential. Advanced degrees are interesting but not essential.
- Experience in contract development and manufacturing environments a distinct advantage, proven experience in customer communication and management.
- At least 10 years of experience in the medical device industry ideally in production / manufacturing and engineering.
- At least 5 years production management / operations management roles. Experience of people management and functional leadership.
- Experience in new product introductions and product transfers.
- Experiences in medical device catheter technologies a significant advantage.
- Proven customer communication and management experience, candidates must display strong customer related skills and present an ability to be ready to engage and lead our customer base.
- Strong organizational and communication (written, verbal etc) skills. Must show an ability to engage with the ICS team and our broad customer base.
- Team player. Flexible, Responsive, an ability to get it done, go the extra mile.