Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Senior R&D Projects Manager
Lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with ICS Medical customers. Manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and technical management of projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project(s).
- Communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- Operate to maintain service delivery requirements (OTIF) for ICS Medical.
- Deliver targeted project revenues for projects worked on.
- Lead a core team of technical resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management, design technical solutions, design control and project risk management.
- Customer management: The PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- Ensure through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions.
- Participate and contribute to on-going efficiency and improvement programs
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- Significant experience in medical devices with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Experience in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Proven examples of leading projects with customer involvement, proven examples of managing/leading design/development projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The candidate will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to development projects in the minimally invasive catheter field from concept to commercialisation.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
- Experience of managing multiple parallel tasks/projects and have the ability to prioritise own activities and those of the team.