We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to help build our teams and services. The successful candidate will be a talented engineer with ambition, be proactive and a team player, embrace challenge and apply their skills, be innovative, creative and develop product solutions that will help our customers make a difference.
- Senior Design & Engineering Manager
Role & Responsibilities:
- Technically Lead customer projects including One off prototype runs to large development projects.
- Work closely with customer team to deliver projects successfully, own key parts of that relationship and that responsibility.
- Customer communication: be primary technical and day to day point of contact with the customer.
- Deliver customer expectations always noting the customer is our priority, we are their extended team.
- Technically – Design & Develop technical solutions for the customer including ensuring use off all available resources, knowledge and experience available to us at ICS Medical Devices and available to ICS Medical Devices.
- Download and translate customer requirements, design and develop solutions, test, challenge and stress your solutions, compile, review and critique your results.
- Testing – develop test strategies, and methods, complete protocols, product testing and reporting supporting design, development and V&V testing.Support our customer testing including bench, simulated use testing.
- Process – support and develop, install process capable of meeting design specification and process that are capable of manufacturing customer product efficiently.
- Systems – implement documentation, design control, procedures, training and workflows per our quality systems to meet the customer requirements.
- Operate in a team environment, we would like our Senior Engineers to assume leadership roles in our teams. The successful candidate will function well with all members of our team, contribute positively to our team dynamic and business goals.
- Be flexible in support of projects and business goals and priorities. Be ready to sweep the floors and then to manage our biggest projects.
- Operate in safe, efficient and clean manner. Always be considerate of follow team members and our customers.
- Seek opportunities for improvement for self and for the team and for the business.
- Customer expectations are our focus, always consider quality of product, work, output and communication.
- Operate within the ICS Medical Devices Quality Systems and Design Control Systems.
Behaviours & Skills
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal, presentation and personal, with a strong emphasis on applying these skills in customer engagement.
- Strong Mechanical design and understanding abilities and aptitude.
- Hands-on and practical skills in catheter and medical device construction, prototyping, testing. Catheter device assembly methods and knowledge.
- Proven problem solving and analytical approach to challenges and decision making. Use of appropriate tools.
- Statistical knowledge and use of statistical software.
- Project management skills.
- Minimum: Degree level qualification in Product/Mechanical/Manufacturing/Biomedical Engineering or other related discipline.
- 5-7 years + experience in industry, 3+ years in Medical Device industry.
- Ideally 1-2 years in Senior Engineer roles
- Ideally operated in customer contact and service roles in contract design and manufacturing roles.
- Update to date experience, knowledge and awareness in the medical device industry, specifically catheter technology.
If you think this role is suited to you, apply below